Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Think I Sorta Know What's Going On

Going into this whole experience I thought I had quite the handle on everything study abroad related. That was of course until my parents started asking all kinds of questions I hadn't even thought of yet: "What's the shower situation?" "Will you need dress clothes?" "What's your Irish phone number?" "How much are books?" With all these questions swirling around my head and the prospect of missing people at home, I have to keep reminding myself it will all somehow work itself out as it always tends to for me. It may not be until the last minute and several calamities may have ensued in the process but that's always been part of the adventure. I'm excited to finally get a chance to really travel and experience another country for a significant amount of time. I decided to start this blog so I could provide an insight into my travels past the typical "Oh it was amazing! I don't even know how to explain it." I often wonder why I'm talking to people who have only that as a response as for all I know they could have been trampled by a herd of stampeding rhinos and just thought it to be the grandest of times. Writing things down will also help me to remember my experiences so that when I or other people want to know about my trip years from now, I'll be able to provide several amusing anecdotes of what's sure to be a glorious experience bouncing about Ireland and Italy. So far the general idea is to experience Ireland to the fullest with a couple weeks in Rome nestled nicely in the middle, but there will be plenty of times where I simply make plans to have plans. Not knowing is part of the adventure and I'd be disappointed if I were able to look back on this journey without a few humorous mishaps. My flight leaves in less than 8 hours so stay tuned for more when I arrive at the original home of the Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment